In general, FrontPage is often designed to enable any novice web designer to create their own pages on the web in a graphical environment without hand-edit code. Because on the market, it was aimed to compete with other types of graphic HTML editors and pull the Internet Explorer back into the leading position of the web browsers, FrontPage tends to create pages particularly tailored for IE.
FrontPage 2003 basically offers the features, functionality, and flexibility to help users all over the world build websites and perform web design better. It’s comprised of the professional design, data, authoring, and publishing tools ideal for creating sophisticated and dynamic sites.
Keep in mind that the software will advance your web development in 3 major fields:
- Designing – Make use of enhanced design tools to yield good-looking websites. Graphic tools and new layout make it simpler to design the web page you wish accurately.
- Coding – Use design tools to expand your code skills or even produce better code. Built-in scripting tools are created for interactive results. Thanks to the availability of professional coding tools, users are also allowed to write code more quickly and efficiently, with high precision.
- Extending – Connect to info and people in cool ways via building XML (Extensible Markup Language) data-driven websites, completely WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) editor. Enhanced publishing options and features aid you in getting your online sites faster
Microsoft FrontPage also includes tools, layout, and graphics’ features helpful for web designers to work more quickly and design their professional websites smoothly.
- Work with graphics from other applications, which provide you with more control on how pictures are saved and displayed.
- Utilize dynamic Web templates to adapt the whole sections of a website. Via updating master template, changes will be automatically made to all of the pages that are linked to this template.
- Target screen resolutions or specific browser by making use of resolution and browser reconciliation. People are also able to see how their sites look like in varied combinations of resolutions and browsers.
- Create and control the tables availed for layout purposes, and offer pixel-precise control over your layout.
- Utilize manipulation tools, to easily work with different images and pieces of content, which sit in the similar space, and to create the visual effects (for instance, pop-up menus).